1.3
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
Usability

**Copying and pasting my Trustpilot review along with pictures of the change in advertising, as well as the attempt to charge me full price and ignore store credit** I have given CJS Keys 5 days now to correct this issue (they requested 3) but as it appears they have do not intend to refund my money, my only option is to submit a review. On September 26th I took advantage of an advertisement CJS Keys sent out about a discount with Warhammer Total War 2.

The page for this item showed the following: "REGION FREE The game keys we are selling are sourced from the EU. They are completely region free and include all languages. This means that since this is a steamworks game, you can activate the key from anywhere in the world. There are absolutely no region locks." So I purchased the key, and the next day issued my payment (waited for Bitcoin to be available in my wallet).

The payment went through without issue, however there was a minor delay in my order becoming available. I submitted a ticket, and soon after received my key. Attempting to activate the key failed, as it said it was region locked. I looked at their advertisement and found it had been changed "EU Region The game keys we are selling are sourced from the EU.

This game will only work within EUROPE" This was done after my purchase and the only reason I was able to snag screenshots was because I was able to pull information from Google Cache. I updated my ticket, provided the screenshots, and stated that I needed a refund or a CD key I could activate as the one given had not been used successfully. I have a full history of our e-mails in case anyone down the way is interested, however they stated that it was an issue with their supplier and not to worry. They stated they would absolutely be able to provide a CD key or a refund within 3 days, but most cases would be resolved within 12 hours.

After 2 days it was Friday night and I updated asking that I really needed a resolution as I wanted to play the game over the weekend, and had to wait on purchasing the game because I was unsure if CJS was going to provide a key or a refund. It is now Monday, and the only thing they have done is told me I was a valuable customer and that this case would be resolved. Everything they have sent has been a filler/automatically generated reply, nothing has been done to correct the issue and I don't believe they will. I'm happy to change my review of the company if they resolve this issue, but at this point they've done nothing but intentionally mislead me (likely other customers as well) and pocket the money.

There are many reviews out there that state CJS Keys is an illegitimate/scamming site and others that review it positively, but I decided to give them a shot. Unfortunately I believe that changing your advertisement for an item after selling it, and then not providing a refund for this item is pretty hefty evidence of the former. **UPDATE 1** As I cannot reply to CJS Keys update I need to update the review. The order ID is #1030614 and the ticket is #164824 .

Also please note as mentioned I did not accidentally purchase the wrong region's CD Key. I'm happy to show you the screenshots as evidence but the listing was clearly changed after purchase. The ticket was updated late last night with another generic reply that your company is still working with the distributor and that you will "keep chasing" the supplier. As mentioned, I simply don't understand why this is is so complicated.

Refunding the money when you have a money back guarantee after clear false advertisement is pretty cut and dry. **UPDATE 2** 2 weeks later I finally received my refund. The refund was delivered via store credit, even though I stated that I wanted this via Paypal or Bitcoin (my original payment method). They do not offer the item I wanted, a US version of Total Warhammer 2, so this refund did not do me much good in receiving my item and it had been 2 weeks since release anyways.

With that in mind I did not want the money to go to waste so I pre-ordered Battlefront 2. Their senior management stated that "Add item to cart. Go to Checkout. Choose 'Buy Now'." I did this, it stated it needed another $6 to finish the purchase.

I elected to pay this via bitcoin and completed the order. However my order shows the full amount of the item due, and attempts to charge my Bitcoin Wallet were for the full amount. The credit is gone from my account as adding another item to my account shows no discount, and I have to assume had I used Paypal they would have charged my Paypal the full amount of the item. I don't know whether the company is incompetent or simply attempting to scam users out of their money, but this is completely unacceptable.

**UPDATE 3** They have cancelled my order and reissued the store credit 3 times, with no real indication of how to fix the problem or successfully make an order other than to "clear my cache". Every time I try to make the order the result is the same.

They close my ticket after every reply. I will continue to reopen this ticket until they offer a resolution or just cut me off entirely.

Reason of review: Poor Customer Service, Inability to deliver a resolution, lying to customers, and wasting hours of my time with no end in sight..

I didn't like: Slow email response time, Scammed me, No resolution.

Comments